The Scouting Guide to Wilderness First Aid: An Officially-Licensed Book of the Boy Scouts of America: More than 200 Essential Skills for Medical Emergencies in Remote Environments.
Be Prepared! The Boy Scouts of America provide programs for young people that build character. With this full-color guide scouts, leaders, and everyone else can learn CPR or the proper techniques for treating broken bones, burns, sprains, and more.
In the Scouting Guide to Wilderness First Aid, current Scouts, Scout alumni, and readers interested in the outdoors are provided with time-tested advice on how to safely identify, harvest, and use edible wild plants. Some practical tips include:
- How to triage, assess, and identify medical emergencies
- What to include in a first aid kit for your home
- When to seek help for health emergencies
- How to safely move a sick or injured person
- How to perform CPR and use an automatic external defibrillator
- What the proper procedures are for broken bones, hypothermia, burns, and sprains
- And so much more!
- Since 1910, the Boy Scouts of America has helped build the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The BSA is committed to training youth in responsible citizenship, character development, and self-reliance through participation in a wide range of outdoor activities.
Grant S. Lipman, MD. 164 page paperback. Includes more than 200 essential skills for medical emergencies in remote environments. A licensed product of BSA